Konkurs za novog direktora REC Srbija
Open position at REC Serbia
Country Office Director
Reference number: 2016/7
The director of REC country office Serbia (REC Serbia) is responsible for the overall management of the office in accordance with high ethical standards, local regulations and the REC’s internal policies and procedures. The country office director reports to the executive director of the REC.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Managing REC Serbia, including the legal and financial management of the office and its staff, in accordance with local legislation and REC internal policies.
- Ensuring the financial sustainability of REC Serbia through project development and fundraising at national and international level, by establishing and maintaining good donor relations, and by developing initiatives to sell REC services on the environmental market in Serbia.
- Developing business for REC Serbia through fundraising activities in REC topic areas, and by securing new projects for the country office, neighbouring countries and the international REC network. The country office director is encouraged to seek out regional opportunities, and may be tasked with coordinating regional initiatives.
- Providing strategic vision and planning for country office development in line with the REC’s overall mission.
- Providing advice to the REC’s regional director for South Eastern Europe (SEE) for environmental programme development in the SEE region.
- Representing the interests of REC Serbia at national level, particularly in legal terms, and in close cooperation with the REC’s head office.
- Ensuring visibility for REC Serbia in the environmental sector at national and, whenever appropriate, international level.
- Maintaining relations with environmental stakeholders such as governmental institutions, non-governmental organisations (NGOs), local authorities and the business community.
- Positioning REC Serbia in ways that increase participation in projects launched in SEE countries.
- Managing projects, which includes activities related to implementation, supervision and evaluation.
Work experience, knowledge and skill level required
- More than 10 years’ work experience in the field of environment, related especially to sustainable development in Serbia.
- Work experience in business administration is an asset.
- At least five years’ experience in a senior management position is essential, including direct staff supervision, business development and project and financial management.
- Experience with national and international tendering procedures, both as a lead partner and as a consortium member.
- A proven track record in project fundraising, development and management.
- High-level project management skills, including fundraising, project design, development, implementation and financial management.
- Work experience in a multicultural environment.
- Excellent negotiation and representation skills across a wide spectrum of environmental stakeholders.
- Staff management and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently and responsibly within strict timeframes and to high standards.
- Excellent communication skills in English and Serbian. Knowledge of other languages is an asset.
- Modern office management skills, including computer literacy.
- Availability to travel regularly within the territory of REC beneficiary countries.
- Familiarity with the REC and its procedures is a strong asset, and the availability to start employment in the near future is a plus.
- A university degree in a relevant area of expertise, preferably natural or environmental sciences, environmental management, economics or socio-political science.
- A master’s degree in business administration or a related advanced degree is a strong asset.
- An educational background in formal management and/or business administration education is a distinct asset.
This full-time position is based at the REC’s country office in Belgrade, Serbia. The position is for a fixed period of one year, with a possibility of extension.
Candidates should send a detailed CV and a motivation letter in English (only English-language applications will be considered) outlining their interest in the position and their personal qualifications to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The application deadline is June 30, 2016.
Please indicate the position reference number in the subject line: 2016/7
Note: Given the large number of applications that we usually receive for each position, we regret that only shortlisted candidates will be invited for interview.
March 04, 2017
February 24, 2017
February 21, 2017
January 26, 2017
December 28, 2016
Saznajte više ili donirajte za Tom Garvey program za mlade lidere u oblasti zaštite životne sredine